Monday, November 4, 2013

Wet 'n' Wild Eyeshadow Mini-Haul

Hi everyone!  I've recently been very bad- which is VERY GOOD for you!  I've been shopping at my local drug store (Walgreens), and found some amazing Wet 'n' Wild eye shadows- and I want to tell you all about them!

I have recently acquired 4 new WnW shadow sets- two at my Lash Bash (read all about that awesome night HERE), and two on my recent shopping spree.

Wet 'n' Wild, despite being a pain to type, is a really wonderful drug store brand.  If you haven't tried it since the 90's (or before), they have reformulated their products, and many are on par with prestige brands- this is by far my favorite drug store eye shadow brand!  While there was a dud in the bunch (at least for me), these shadows went on super smooth, lasted a long time, and didn't crease.  At this price point ($2.99 for the trios), I just don't see how you could go wrong! 

The Fergie palettes I've only seen at Walgreens, but they are probably available at other stores also and I've just not noticed them.  I've seen Wet 'n' Wild eye shadow trios pretty much every where- the grocery store, WalMart, Walgreens, Dollar General- I'd be willing to bet that if you looked for these the next time you go shopping anywhere they sell general merchandise, you'll find them!

All swatches are done on both bare skin, and over NYX Jumbo Eye Pencil in Milk.

Ok, enough hype- here's what you came here for- pictures and in depth review of the only average variety.


Wet N Wild Silent Treatment Trio

This lovely trio was a prize from the White Elephant gift exchange at my Lash bash.  This is super pretty, and went on really smoothly for me.

Swatches of Silent Treatment

I used this mini eye palette to create a pretty, neutral eye look with a bit of drama:
Silent treatment by Wet 'n' Wild

I definitely won't be "silent" about this trio- it is absolutely beautiful and definitely a win for me!


Wet 'n' Wild Spoiled Brat Trio
This trio was also a prize from my Lash Bash- these pretty colors look like they would create a super awesome dramatic eye!  Unfortunately, the pink shade didn't do really well for me. 

Swatches of Spoiled Brat
They swatched ok, but the color didn't transfer well to the eyes.  I use this for Tiny Love's Halloween look! (She's a Monster High doll, named Draculaura.)

Spoiled Brat by Wet 'n' Wild
 
This trio isn't all bad- the black and the silver are super pigmented.  The silver shade is super soft and creamy- I will definitely get some good use out of this!
 


Wet 'N' Wild Fergie Collection in Desert Festival

This is a gorgeous palette for fall!  Ipsy sent this out to some subscribers, but not to me.  I hopped over to Walgreens, and picked this pretty set up.  I love the oranges and browns in this palette, and they are wonderfully pigmented!

Swatches of Desert Festival (there really is five colors there- the one all the way to the left is kind of hard to see in this picture- sorry!!)
Paired with purple liner, this palette blends beautifully for a pretty Halloween-inspired look that can be played up for nights or down for daytime. 

Desert Festival by Wet 'n' Wild

This is the one palette that was more that $3- it retails for $4.99, but I found a peely coupon on mine at my local Walgreens, for $1 off!   

Wet 'n' Wild Walking on Eggshells Trio
This is probably the most popular WnW trio out there- Walking on Eggshells is a gorgeous collection of neutrals to make a perfect "no makeup-makeup" look. 

Swatches of Walking on Eggshells
These shadows were super velvety and creamy- on par with Urban Decay, in my opinion.  Super pigmented, and ultra blendable, this palette is definitely the star of my mini-haul!

Walking on Eggshells by Wet 'n' Wild

If you don't already own this trio, what are you waiting for?!  The cream and pink are ALMOST dupes for the pink and cream in the Peek-A-Bright Eyes kit from Benefit Cosmetics; the brown is much warmer than the one in the kit, but it was very easy to duplicate the look that this prestige kit provides. I just love this soft, pretty look.  It makes my blue eyes "pop"- which I could show you if I had been smart enough to take a picture with my eyes...open.  Insert "Average" joke here.

Until next time, my lovelies- stay Average!



Wordle: Untitled

Disclaimer: All items in this post were either gifted to me by a friend, or purchased using my own my husband's money.  He probably doesn't know that I bought these items, so let's not tell him, 'mkay?  All opinions are my own, and no company asked nor required me to review these items.  I wish I were lucky enough to get tons of free makeup just for my opinion, but doesn't everyone?!


6 comments:

  1. Oh I love that walking on eggshells, and the one with the fall colors had a fabulous look on you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) definitely pick up the eggshells- I think the colors are perfect for everyone, plus they really feel, to the touch, as soft and silky as prestige shadows :)

      Delete
  2. Every time I walk by the WnW shelf by my drugstore I always want to grab one of these palettes as they are paired all so well to make such a nice look! Rite-Aid had a 40% off on all WnW products one week, watch out for that! I definitely stocked up on a few products from that sale.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's hard to pass these little palettes up, with their awesome price-point and availability. I get asked a lot about inexpensive eye shadows, and I point them away from Profusion and towards WnW every time.

      Delete
  3. I have a few of the wet n wild palettes and they are pretty good although the pink, black and silver one can be a bit harsh to work with. great post. I did a post recently on my new 120 palette by Coastal Scents it is fabulous!

    http://diaryofatrendaholic.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had the same problem with the pink, black and silver, and recently gave it away when I was downsizing. The colors are pretty, but it's definitely not as pigmented as the other sets. Love Coastal Scents :)

      Delete

Thanks so much for taking the time to stop by and visit! I read all the comments and try to reply to everyone. It's the least I could do- it's very...Average.