Monday, September 30, 2013

Geek Chic Cosmetics Fang Bangers Quartet Review

While on the hunt for something new and different, I recently stumbled upon Geek Chic Cosmetics.  GCC is an Indie makeup company, that specializes in creating unique vegan, cruelty-free makeup items.  While browsing their site, I noticed a collection that caught my attention: The Fang Bangers Quartet.  This awesome loose pigment eyeshadow collection is inspired by the TV series (and the book series) True Blood.  Being a Geek Girl, this definitely caught my eye; and the icing on the cake was that the Fang Bangers Quartet was the "Set of the Month" and therefore half price, until the end of September!
Fang Bangers Quartet
This awesome set is currently on sale (until the end of September) for $14.97, or the individual shadows or lipstick for $2.99 each, and GCC offers FREE shipping to the US on any order over $10

My package arrived in a timely manner (8 days after my initial order, ships from Oregon- all the way across the country), and the packaging is super cute.  My favorite part of the packaging was the awesome tiny business card!

Each pot contains 1g of pigment, hand crafted for each individual order.

I tried these pigments out, and am happy to say that I had very little fallout, and no creasing when used with a primer. I love how these are made as they are ordered- my products are fresh, and have not been sitting on the shelf. I can't wait to see what next month's Set of the Month will be!

Viking King
This is the purest gold shadow that I have ever seen.  It's almost like putting gold leaf on your lids! I seriously love this color and will be using it.  A LOT.


Eye of the Werewolf
I've been on the quest for the perfect brown for my neutral eye look.  This shadow is a beautiful light brown and does wonders with my skin tone.  I love this!





Purity Burns

Purity Burns is a true silver shadow, as silver as Viking King is gold.  Sheer perfection!


Blood Bond

I wasn't expecting to like this pigment shade, to be honest. Blood Bond?  Who can pull off red shadow? Certainly not me!  When I saw it in person, I was so happy I chose to order this- it's a beautiful purple-ish rusty red shade with lots of metallic shimmer.  Absolutely gorgeous!


Once Bitten

If you are looking for a true red lipstick, then look no further.  This is a shocking bombshell red.  This lipstick doesn't come in the traditional bullet form, but in a twist up applicator, and is gluten free (a nice thing for a lippie- so many people are sensitive to gluten!).

Swatches of the set:
Swatches left to right: Blood Bond, Purity Burns, Eye of the Werewolf, Viking King and Once Bitten
My Fang Bangers Quartet look
Because I'm so pale, I need to tone the lip color down, so I tried my J.Cat lipstick from my September Ipsy bag.  The effect was beautiful:
J.Cat in Honeycrisp over Once Bitten
Here's my completed eye look with the Fang Bangers Quartet:


Doesn't this set just look GORGEOUS??!!
In short, I absolutely love that there is a cosmetic company that caters to geek girls like me. Even at regular price ($29.95 for this set), the prices are very affordable, and the quality is great.  I'm very happy with my little splurge purchase!

Tell me- what indie cosmetic company have you tried lately?  Should I be trying them too?


Until next time, my friends- Stay average!


Wordle: Untitled

Disclaimer: I purchased these items with my own money my husband's money.  I was neither requested nor required to review these items, and all links in this post are NOT referral links.  I strive for honesty.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking the time to stop by and visit! I read all the comments and try to reply to everyone. It's the least I could do- it's very...Average.