Thursday, April 11, 2013

Wet 'n Wild Mascara Clearance JACKPOT!

Oh, my beautiful and OnlyAverage friends, I just HAD to share with you the AWESOME deals I picked up over the last couple days!  

My oldest was invited to a birthday party at a local church's roller skating ring (Yep, you read that right.  That's how we roll here in Lower Slower Delaware), and I was a bit early picking her up, so I ducked into the Dollar General next door.  I was shopping for false lashes (D-Gen sells them for $1.50, made from 100% human hair, by the way), and while I was milling around, I saw a clearance rack.

If you are anything like me at all, then you view these racks as the Holy Grail of shopping- almost as good as Triple Coupon day!  

The clearance rack had a sign that all items were an extra 60% off, and it was filled with gift sets.  I picked up a cute Strawberry Shortcake lotion/lip balm set for my tiny one, and a Stetson cologne set for the hubby (lotion was originally $2, Stetson, $8).  If you are following along, my total out of pocket for these two things and my 2 packets of lashes is currently .80 (lotion/balm), plus 3.20 (Stetson), plus $3 (lashes).  Not too shabby, if I toot my own horn.  

And then, I saw the major JACKPOT. 
Wet 'n Wild Lash Out! Eye Collection

Why, yes, that IS a box of FOUR travel size mascaras, plus a waterproof eyeliner with a smudger!  See that price sticker on the corner?  This was a great deal at only $4- and the 60% clearance sale makes it a JACKPOT- $2.40.  Except it rang up for LESS THAN THAT- $1.20.  I'll repeat.  $1.20 for FOUR mascaras (two are waterproof, two are not) and an eyeliner!  Naturally, I bought all that they had.  Seriously, who wouldn't??


Mascara JACKPOT

Mascara JACKPOT
Wet 'n Wild MegaPlump mascaras, one waterproof, one not; each .19 fl oz; full size tubes retail around $3.99 for .27 oz- this makes the retail value of each of these tubes around $2.74

My lashes are super tiny, so I'm thrilled to try the MegaPlump mascaras out!  I love trial size mascaras because they last me about 3 months.  3 months is how long you are supposed to keep a mascara before throwing it out, no matter how much product is left.  Is this a coincidence?  I don't think so!  Why buy a full size product, when a travel size is available, just to throw away the leftover product?! (I also save mascara wands, disinfect them and use them as spoolies.  What??!!)

The regular formula's code is C893A; the waterproof formula's code is C894A.

The color for these mascaras is Very Black.  Love it!

Wet 'n Wild MegaLength mascaras, one waterproof, one not: each 0.15 fl oz; full size tubes retail around around $2.99 for 0.27 oz- this makes the retail value of these tubes around $1.68.

I am really excited about this mascara too- the wand is really lovely- it's the one with the little plastic points on it, instead of the bristles.  These seem to work very well for me.

The color code for the waterproof formula is C899; the code for the regular formula is C892A.

These are also in Very Black- perfect for wear anytime!

Wet 'n Wild H2O-Proof Blending Eye pencil in 791P, Black Chrome, 0.033 oz. Retail is around $0.79

I also received an H2O-Proof Blending Eye Pencil.  I have always used WnW as my go-to for quick and easy eyeliners- they work so well, are inexpensive, and have great staying power.  Although I've never used the H2O- proof line before, I'm excited to try it- it swatched really well for me. 



My FAVORITE part of this item set is...it's Cruelty-free!  I try very hard to purchase only cruelty-free items.  I know a few not-CF items sneak into my home, but it's really on accident and not on purpose.  Cheers for WnW for being Cruelty free!!

That's about it for my Wet 'n Wild amazing Jackpot- definitely above average!

Financial recap:
Out of pocket: $2.40 (2 sets of products)
Retail price: $8 (according to the boxes)
Retail value: $19.27

Whoo Hoo!

So, tell me, have you found something amazing on a clearance rack before?  Have you tried these mascara's out yet?  Leave a comment, and let me know your thoughts!


Until next time, stay average!  I love you all!

Wordle: Untitled

Disclaimer: These products were purchased with my own money.  I was not asked nor requested to review these products.  I only wanted to share my excitement about an awesome deal- check out your own Dollar General to see if they have these sets on sale, too!


PS- Did you know I have a facebook page now??!!  Go HERE to like Only Average Mom on the 'book, and I'll let you know all about everything that is going on here, plus other little updates, things too small to post.  Thank you!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking the time to stop by and visit! I read all the comments and try to reply to everyone. It's the least I could do- it's very...Average.