Sunday, January 22, 2012

What's On Tonight? Who Cares, I Have Netflix!

Netflix is awesome.

I get to find all kinds of new stuff that I never knew I always wanted to watch on TV.  With the added bonus that Rebecka can watch Dora and Diego All. Day. Long.

Wait a minute, what am I saying??

...Netflix sucks.  Until naptime.  Then Netflix is awesome.

If you aren't familiar with Netflix, basically, you can stream through a device (Wii, XBox, converter) pretty much any video or tv show that you can think of.  For like $7 a month.

Case in point:
I have heard recently a lot of hype about a show called Portlandia.  All kinds of catchy phrases, and I was totally missing the references, and I don't get the channel the show is on (IFC).  This week, Netflix added Portlandia to their list of available shows, so I decided to check it out.  Now I'm hooked.  Lorne Michaels, you are a comedic genius.  Basically, Portlandia is Kids in the Hall (remember that one?) meets SNL, but set in Portland, OR.  

Don't like comedies?  That's ok, Netflix has something for you too!  You name it, Netflix has something that you like to watch.  From Care Bears to Silence of the Lambs, Scream to the Rocky Horror Picture Show, Hot Tub Time Machine to What Dreams May Come, and every episode you could ever want to see from pretty much every show you could want to watch (MacGyver?  Dr. Who?  Buffy the Vampire Slayer?  Star Trek?  It's ALL there!)...So awesome.  

Netflix is so great that we are considering getting rid of cable all together, and just keep the internet.  

...after American Idol.  That's the clincher- no live shows- so no Idol for us if we ditched the cable company...decisions, decisions.

So, readers, have any of you done this?  Do you miss "live" tv?  Leave me a comment, let me know what you think, help us make this decision!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking the time to stop by and visit! I read all the comments and try to reply to everyone. It's the least I could do- it's very...Average.